Thursday, June 20, 2013

No One Wants To Design.

All the artist are being asked what discipline they are excited and/or nervous to pull. Two people raised their hands out of about 50 indicating they'd be psyched to design. Needless to say there's gonna be some really exciting work going on in design this time around.  Scotto Moore just indicated he has zero design or visual skills. I rest my case. This is gonna be so amazing.
Shawn is continuing down the list of disciplines and asking people to give their experience, feedback and knowledge. But what I'm noticing apart from the great past experiences the artists are sharing is just how calm and intense the whole room is right now. None of the these folks are 14/48 virgins, in fact most are far from it and it shows. But not in a jaded, "I've done this before" kind of way but in a "I'm excited, scared as shit and dear god I love this fucking festival".
Conversations continue about who's excited about pulling what discipline but what I notice is the genuine engagement and joy in the room.
Kamikaze: Pull it with Joy.

No comments: