Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hanging out with Goddesses

The costumer is visiting the rehearsal for Play #1 The Ceremony by Kate Jaeger so the room is full of partly naked ladies. Linda Clemon-Karp tells Jillian Vashro, "Oh, I would totally fall in love with you in that." They talk about bras, digress to some girl talk about breastfeeding and bra size, and eventually decide that they characters will be dressed up, but wearing tennis shoes, to be removed in preparation of a ritual. I haven't heard a word of the play yet, but I'm already getting a sense of what may be coming: sisters, a hike, and a Goddess.

Director Debra Pralle is ready to get blocking and they rearrange the space. She's excited to be in a larger room today. She maps the space and shows her actors their initial blocking on a white board, football play style. The actors leap right into action and keep going when lighting designer Maggie Lee stops by. They are already putting down their scripts here and there.

They stop to talk about what is the exact way to bow and talk to a Goddess of Destruction. Are we headed for an apocalypse?






1 comment:

Linda C-K said...

OMG!!! I'm in a blog! Bare bum onstage? Check. Scream like a banshee? Check. Destroy world? Check. I didn't think it could get any better than that, and then -- I'M IN A BLOG!!! Thank you for putting the cherry on this weekend's cake... or maybe I should say, Thank you for pulling the cherry OFF of this weekend's cake! I am soooooo deflowered!