Saturday, June 29, 2013

torsion and wet panties

Dear Diary,

We have reached that place of torsion that happens in the theatre.  Everything is coming together but only through an immense amount of hard work, cooperation and details, details, details.


I feel a little diffuse while everyone else is extremely focused.  I see women on stage with dresses as red as a rhododendron on Mother's Day.  There are a lot of women in this show, eighteen of them, in fact.  There is a play about Goddesses called "The Ceremony" by Kate Jaeger and one called "The Importance of Beauty" by John Farrage.  There's a woman in the sound booth, two women bloggers, three female playwrights...women everywhere.  While it might seem tangential, I find it heartening.  These are strong women.  Passionate women.  Talented women.  Extraordinary women.  (The men are extraordinary as well, I assure you.)

Speaking of extraordinary men, ever-so-talented Virgin actor Mark Waldstein stopped by to chat while I was typing this to tell me that he's feeling pretty tired and beat up.  He's in play #7 Kids. Today. by Nik Perleros, which is already been touted as the Play That Will Shock You.  He said it will likely do more than make my blush.  Color me intrigued!


I decided to paste some random quotes, pictures I took and a little haiku with some snippets of today into my diary so I won't forget this experience.)

"My cat's a big hit on glee."

"Out on "fucking playwright""


"I spent time in an insane asylum."

"A chain of buttholes."

Director Agastya Kohli directs his actors for Brandon Jepson's play Hot Tub

  "Jane Lynch gets my panties wet."

"She's what's noble about women."

Justin Alley directs Daniel Wood in John Farrage's play The Importance of Beauty

i believe in love
devil is in the details
just delectable!

Swooning,

Kymberlee

PS, Stage Manager Danielle French just asked me how blogging is going.  It felt nice to be asked and all I could say is "It's just so much fun." It most truly is.

No comments: