Friday, June 28, 2013

A Love Story?

Earlier this morning, I told Play #2 Director Agastya Kohli that I can't hear the title of this play without thinking of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. He agreed that it's got that vibe. He told me that Brandon Jepson's play would also touch on the DOMA issue that's been in the news this week. Um, ok?

As he and his cast are putting the play through a quick analysis right now, he's talking about childhood and holding onto the past while society moves forward and now I'm getting the connection. The cast asks intelligent actor-y questions. "We'll let you build that backstory for yourself in the next 20 minutes...GO!"

As their read-through begins, I'm getting a lot of quick shifting of scenes, with each of the actors playing multiple characters. It's kind of silly and kind of dark and I don't know what is going on, but I'm charmed. Can not wait to see this one tonight.

No comments: