Saturday, June 22, 2013

7:47 and I've found my perch

I chose the last row tonight instead of the booth. Stage Manager Dani Franich is so kind to me and says that I'm not in her way but I kind of know I am.
There is sweet girl in front of me with red hair sitting with her dad. I only realize after they move to sit closer to the stage that it's Alyson Scadron Branner's little girl. Seriously, that girl has a glow you can see for a mile.
It's a beautiful night and people are filtering in slowly.  I see familiar faces, friends and fellow actors all saying hello, hugging and heading to the bar. No one seems to be unfamiliar with the institution that is 14/48.
I'm excited for the Band's first number. What will they be called tonight? I don't know but I do know there are old timey swimmimin caps involved and some synchronization which I was privy to earlier in rehearsal. Needless to say a swimming pool may be too much to hope for but I've seen some amazing things here at 14/48 over the years.
7:57.
Yeah, we're gonna hold for a minute or 5 as people continue to stream in.
Supermoon, do your thing.

No comments: