Friday, August 7, 2009

Nooks and Crannies

Walk around On the Boards, and in five minutes, I saw roughly 50 people working on 50 separate things, all striving together for one goal. (I tried to make that sound inspiring, and while it is - it totally is -) I feel as though my fingers failed me. But anyhoo,

In one nook, several volunteers were folding freshly copied programs for tonight's show. In another cranny, designer Banton Foster was diligently working on some prop related project.

And the place is just crawling with actors, nervously pacing back and forth trying to remember their lines. I have absolutely no idea as to why this is, because when in doubt, I always follow this primo advice from seasoned pro Ron Albertson (Fred Willard), courtesy of Waiting for Guffman: "If there's an empty space, just fill it with a line, that's what I like to do. Even if it's from another show."

Jason Harber accidentally sat on the papier mache 'die' that looks like an acting block but is really not -- without spilling his beer....Good man.

Louise Butler was leading the Director's meeting in the downstairs lobby where the directors are airing out any last concerns before we go into tech. The designers are still searching for a few props...They'll be jetting to the Thrift store to buy things they couldn't get at the various theatres around town.

Quote from Tim Hyland: "No more fun!"

I ran into Hana Lass, one of the actors in Josef Krebs' wordy Human Progress. Noting the complexity of the dialogue in rehearsals, I asked her how her lines were coming along...noting I'd keep it confidential "Oh no, you can post this," she responded, "I want to strangle Josef Krebs."

As a reminder, there are two shows tonight at 8 and 10:30, and we are located at On The Boards in Queen Anne, 100 Roy Street. If you didn't know that by now, though, well, what is wrong with you? Honestly.

Tech is looming, and you probably should GET YOUR TICKETS HERE. (How was that for a segue?)

1 comment:

the beige one said...

psst, hey!

You all are doing a kick ass job of blogging this event! Pass it on.