Saturday, January 12, 2013

Brief talk with Mazen winner Wayne Rawley about his writing experience last night. "About the same as the night before. I tend to go long. I turned this script in at 7:55 (they need to be in by 8 am). The night before it was 7:59. I'm not really a night writer. I tend to be an early morning writer. My cast this time is two men and two women and I'm happy about that. With the two-hander I had yesterday I always worry that there will be too much dialogue. I'm a pretty dialogue heavy writer anyway. But both women handled it beautifully so it wasn't really a problem. Still, I'm glad to have a larger cast. Really, with 14/48 I try to write a play on Friday and then on Saturday I just have fun."

Whatever he's come up with, I'm sure it will be fun. And well-written. Can't wait to see it.

No comments: