Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Night's Theme!!!

Hello from the beautiful Falls Theater at ACT in Seattle, WA. My name is Jordan Rosin. I will be blogging for the 14/48 Festival this weekend. You can look forward to reading posts and viewing multimedia uploaded direct from the festival all weekend long.

For my first post, I am pleased to announce the theme for the first night. The theme is:


Collateral Damage


After the opening meeting, I had a quick interview with Tyrone Brown, who will be directing two of the fourteen brand new plays to premier this weekend. I asked him what he thought of the theme. He seemed to think the writers might use the theme of "Collateral Damage" as an opportunity to purge some of what we've all come through this past year, but also admitted that "with 14/48, it's always a wildcard." His closing remark was, "I just hope my play is not collateral damage when it's all said and done."

1 comment:

JJisafool said...

Mazen - who won the Mazen?!