- Directors are confabbing with writers, either excitedly or cautiously depending on how they feel about theie first read of the play.
- Actors are slowly trickling in, praising the ground Alex Samuels walks on and eating eggs, bagels & fruit. Also coffee. They are also eyeing the director/writer combos to see if they can spot the "lucky" plays. They make silent offers to the 14/48 gods but they pretend not to ... because the gods are beautifully dangerous, true and unyielding.
- The producing team is running around and reminding people that the black cans are for trash, and the yellow ones are for recycling. No one will remember.
- The band is still asleep.
- The designers are chomping at the bit, but won't have anything concrete for at least another hour. This makes them crazy.
- The gods are eating grapes or something and taking stock. Who needs what today?
- I am at work, procrastinating. I am nowhere near 14/48, more's the pity for me. How do I know all this? I just know.
Friday, January 8, 2010