Friday, January 8, 2010

TECH - Cafeteria Blossoms by Celene Ramadan

5:45 - Teching show number six... As I walked to the theatre, sipping on my Big K Cola, I passed by show #1 rehearsing. In an amazing exhibit of multi-tasking, Troy Fischnaller managed to flick me off while rehearsing his play. The man seeks to amaze. Upon entering the theatre, Cafeteria Blossoms was getting set to start. Tina LaPadula was standing at the top of the steps holding her tray of mashed potatoes with ketchup and trying to keep her tights up. During her battle with her tights I learned that she was a part of the very first 14/48 held at the old Freehold space. Also, William Shakespeare was one of the playwrights that year and the stage was lit by torchlight. I kid, it wasn't that long ago. Just sat in on the tech long enough to see the beginning of the piece and this one is going to rock! Can't wait to see Peter and Tina display some teenage emotions.

No comments: