Saturday, January 5, 2008

about to start the

show. it is 8 oh four. meghan arnette has flashed me again. this time, it's because her play is first. a complete list when we have time to type the complete list.

music is pumping

people mingle

full crowd

and i just got a talking to

what?!
at 14/48?
the land of love.
the place of happy.
community and goodness... a talking to?!

for serious.

a man came up to me...
spotting my happy name tag
thinking i might have authority
and he unloaded a diatribe...
to which i smiled 
and tried to appear helpful

he says "can you talk to someone about this music.  so people can actually have a conversation!"
i say "um. well. i am not really in charge of those things"
he says "loud music is alright if one is at a dance party. but this is THEATRE"

;)

(side note -- currently seating is being sussed out because it is a m'tha f'ng full house!)

2 comments:

S.P. Miskowski said...

OMG, that same guy came up to me and said exactly the same thing, after the "Do you WORK here?" and a glance at my name tag. Next time somebody asks me about the sound level, I'm going to say: "Arf! Arf! Arf!"

Annette Auger aka Rex said...

right on! as you should-- i wonder if that little man enjoyed the shows...