Friday, July 31, 2009

Playwright update: Darian Lindle

Email received from playwright Darian Lindle at 12:22 AM

Wow. So... it's 12:22AM. My play is almost done. I think. Unless it will be like last time when I wrote about 4 plays that all sucked and then woke up again at 4AM to write a new one.

I can't tell if my play will be shitty or not. I guess it will really depend on my teammates tomorrow.

Having the last play is hard. How do I end the show? I keep thinking that it needs to end with a song. Or a dance! I want to keep the energy up so that I can end the show in a way that makes the audience feel good. Like, yay, that was a nice way to spend an evening and $20. As opposed to, well, at least it was air conditioned.

A note to future writers - do not attempt to write at Beth's Diner. It may be open 24 hours, but it is not a cohsive place to get your head together. The music is too loud and the people are kinda stinky. Maybe it's that I've never been there before 2AM before.


Ciao,
Darian

No comments: