Friday, July 31, 2009

First Impressions, part the second.

Just jotted over to the Rep to catch the other two plays, Darian Lindle's Human Nature (There was a hot rumor the show title was changing earlier this morning, but I haven't heard if that came into fruition or no), directed by Katjana Vadebancoeur, and Jim Jewell's It's Your Turn, directed by Scott Francis.

Here's what I can tell you about Human Nature. It's the Nun, chicken, doctor, etc. play. It closes the bill tonight, so it better go big or go home. Not to hype it up, but it looks like it just might. The play contains the lines "It's my turn now, motherfucker" and "Anton Chekov's The Cherry Orchard, by Darian Lindle." There is lots of slapping. Jane May has a long monologue (Godspeed, brave youth.)

Then there's It's My Turn. Judging from the two minutes of script I saw, here is how I would best describe the play: Orange Flower Water (minus the graphic sex and the 20 or so C bombs) meets Jumanji (minus the CGI animals and Robin Williams mugging). If you don't find that interesting, I don't think there is anything I can do for you.

Gonna take a break for lunch now. I want some free FOOD (We get it, you like food.)

No comments: