Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Night Before...

The questions, butterflies and insecurities always start the night before.

What's going to happen? Who will I team up with? Can I deal with the stress? How many beers/cigarettes will I burn through before it's all said and done?

I would be going through all that right now, if it weren't for the fact I already did it last week. However, at this moment, there are about 60+ people, (whether they are actors, directors, writers, costume designers, set designers, band members) who are likely undergoing similar internal stresses.

Doesn't matter if they're virgins or vets, it's part and parcel of the 14/48 package. The fact that it's been 6months/a year/longer only reminds you how familiar the feeling is.

It's exciting, and I hope to be able to parlay some of that excitement to you, dear reader, in the days ahead.

It's going to be interesting for me, being on the fringes of all the mayhem. Odds are I'll find myself getting caught in the pools and eddies of it all, which I then intend to report to you. Is this redundant? Quite likely.

Oh, and on top of my general BS, there'll be pictures from talented shutterbug Rob Jones!

Okay, I'll stop now.

Meanwhile, there's a wealth of archived entries for you to peruse, there's stuff from the first weekend, as well as entries from January's version. Here, take a look at Erin Stewart's take on what happens at the meet and greet (page 2, page 3).

Hope to see you this weekend, it'll be tots awes. (Holla!)

No comments: